7-10 DAY DUE DILIGENCE REVIEW
The Miller Law Firm provides the following Due Diligence Review at no cost to their clients. Generally, this review takes 7-10 days to complete.
Statutes of limitations:
- Obtain a Notice of Completion (10 year statute; SB 800 time limits)
- Review association records and repairs documents (3 year statute)
Community Association Property Profile:
- Research the following:
- HOA Corporate Statute
- California Secretary of State
- Notice of Completion and Occupancy
- CC&R provisions for Maintenance and repair responsibilities
- Perform online searches of the declarant, builder, and general contractor for location, agents for service of process, bankruptcy, and solvency.
- Schedule independent forensic experts to determine extent, location and scope of defects, and evaluate how each deficiency triggers time limitations found in SB 800.
Executive Session Board meeting:
- Meet with the board to discuss all of the above information, with counsel and experts present.
Protect all inspections and discussions:
- Doing these activities with legal counsel will protect the findings under the attorney client work and product privileges.