Below Grade Walls
Why Some Below Grade Walls Fail
- Grade slopes toward building.
- Inadequate waterproof membrane.
- No protection board.
- No extension of waterproof membrane above grade or over footing.
- No foundation drain.
- No gravel or filter fabric around drain.
- No waterproof membrane under slab.
- Efflorescence and water stains on walls
- Ponding against building and on basement floors.
- Moisture migration though slabs.
The Five Basic Elements For Waterproofing Below Grade Walls:
- Waterproof membrane
- Protection board
- Gravel Fill
- Foundation Drain
- Filter Fabric
- Slope the finish grade away from the building,
- Install a membrane under the concrete building slab,
- Provide a cant strip to transition the waterproof membrane at any 90 degree angle,
- Install ultraviolet protection for the above-grade waterproofing.