IDENTIFYING MOLD IN YOUR HOME OR CONDO
Mold can grow in many different places, even in areas you do not see.
- The following may be indicators of mold:
- Musty odors
- Water stains
- Water leaks or other moisture problems
- Experts will commonly find mold in the following areas:
- Spore infiltration through windows, doors, and HVAC systems
- Moisture intrusion through the exterior envelope of the building
- Moisture condensation on HVAC system components
- Mold growth as the result of leaking utilities or improper clean up following flooding or sewer backups.
- Mold can grow within 48 hours in the following conditions:
- Temperate climates above 70 degrees.
- Excessive humidity
- Nutrient sources in high cellulose and low nitrogen content areas behind walls, in wood, below floor coverings, in books, etc…
- Gypsum board
- Construction paper
- Presence of moisture from water leaks, condensation or flooding
- Reoccurring physical symptoms or health related problem