Most H.O.A. developments have had some type of soil work done, either the soil is removed (cut) or soil is added (fill) to balance for the grading. If this process is not properly monitored and tested for compaction, the soil may fail with consequential land subsidence.
Common Soil Types:
- Improperly compacted soils.
- Contaminants remaining in soils (Usually organic types of build up, i.e. lumber).
- Improper design.
- Cracks in stucco.
- Cracks in drywall.
- Cracks in tile floors.
- Cracks in concrete flatwork.
- Cracks in slabs and garage flooring.
- Interior distress to cabinets and countertops.
- Cracks in windows.
- Doors that are difficult to open.